Wednesday, February 1, 2012

This Father's Love


Father’s love their daughters too

It is with great pride that I say I love my little darling girls; even now they are not little anymore, but women.   In my heart they will always be my little dears,  I have not always been the best person that I know, as a matter of fact I could have been a better father in some ways.  And as I look back there are some things that all fathers wish they could have changed, and as your daughters choose their life mate; I think that we fathers, wish there was a law that gave us the right to choose the best man for our loving daughters ( I am working on that one J).  

Now please let me say that I am the one to judge me, and I do so harsh enough; some may say that I do it more harshly than I should.   I do not look to you for approval or disapproval; my daughters are the ones whose thoughts matter only, but I have invited you to this arena not for you to speak, but to listen.    I employ some latitude to voice this opinion of myself and shed light on my love for my daughters.    We, are truly fathers because deep within we would love to have given all the best to our little girls, and if given the opportunity, they would never be wrong and the world is ( I know that I speak as a person who needs therapy) but we know that we sometimes have to tell them no; but it so hard for us and good fathers find some way to do it.    I am so sorry of the things that I could have done better and missed the opportunity.   And girls I failed you because I was not able to give you everything that my heart desired.  Forgive me!

Now let you wondering eyes rest, because I speak not to the Handsome boys or young men that I also have; but to my beautiful girls and I now say that your brothers I have you in mind also but this is the day gage to your sisters, Dad has not forgotten you.  

 Daddy loves you (my girls) and wishes the world to know; and so here goes “I LOVE YOU”!    You are so special to me and if I could hug you each day and all day, I would! But I must let you try your wings and fly, as all fathers should.   But if you have never seem Daddy cry before,  then feel these words and know each day, that I can’t fight for you, or each hour that I can not hold your hand when you cross the busy highway of life and each time a tear falls from your eye and I can’t catch it before it drops.  I shed a tear and believe you me your Daddy cares and cries for you. 

So when the world gets a little cold remember that you Father’s heart is warm and my arms ache to hold you and protect you, because no matter what anyone says, this old man loves you.   My dears I do love you and if you ever feel no other does, this Daddy loves you and you will always be my little Girls.

Daddy loves you, 
Guy T Woods Sr


I hope that his poem, will stand through the test of time, everyday expressing my love for my daughters and for other fathers' love to their daughters for years to come.

 
Letter of this father’s Love

Get that cursed light out my eyes!
So that I may see, you all and tell this tale,
Of how, that I!
Stand here in love with my daughters both,
And only care that there eyes behold me!
As their father in good stead and in a precious way.
My walk is only for them and not for you;
If I fail them, then I fail me,
Then on this earth, I am finished, I am through!

Daughters, I will toil this life God has given and hold your faces high,
As the method to my madness, and forever do try,
Sleep my children; Daddy has gone to be back in just a little while,
I learn my best, to find my self approved;
But to none, other than my darling dears,
It is with you, that make me merry,
And you that make me care!
And I have no other desire but to you my two darlings fair,
This note is all about how much I really care!

So if I die within the night and before tomorrow’s light,
I hope that this would be,
An enlightening epigrammatic pause, to shed some light,
That while, your father lived his life, each breath did bear your name!
So now I hope you go your merry way, and also love your children well,
And say to them even though my father, whom I really did not know,
Had worn his heart on the outside his chest,
And shouted to the world he knew;
My Daughters, - - - I love them well!

By Guy T Woods Sr
February 1 2012 

1 comment:

  1. Please post your comments it is always appreciated.

    The Author

    ReplyDelete