Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Just a lazy Day

The truth is i am thinking of some people that do, men and women who will insist to give of themselves everyday no matter ho w hard it can get for them.   It seems as if they were angels who God placed to keep us thinking about ourselves, that each one of us can be better day by day.      I wrote this poem as an expression of that which I saw in a lady that I know.

You have wings why don’t you fly?

I have watched you push yourself day and night,
To feed your children a Godly meal;
I have watched the glow of Jesus in your eyes,
And the Joy when you sing in the choir!

You ware your heart on the outside of your chest and everyone knows it,
Your life is an open book, dedicated to God on the highest;
I have seen your deepest love for others, streaming straight from above!
So why, Why not fly to the sky? I have seen your wings.

Don’t deny!

You pray to God at least three times a day,
God is your husband, and late at night;
He comes and tucks you in, and watches over you till the break of day!
An Angel I know.

You are not as complicated as some may think,
With a pure heart like that, I know the God’s spirit fills you to the brink;
I really an answer now! My dear is there good reason why?
You have wings so why don’t you just fly?

By Guy T Woods sr November 2, 2010 Cc

No comments:

Post a Comment