Wednesday, August 10, 2011

We need to be more than just surface people

The breaking of bread- the responsibility of being a friend

            When we befriend others we should take this as a large step, a great responsibility in life, I find that we have come to a place in life in today’s society, that are not caring or they don’t know how to give their word and hold ourselves to that word.       Knowing this, I have observed that in our society today this is so common place that there is neglect to love or even more to forge true friendship or better yet have good loving relationships.    The act of covenant is one that holds great meaning back in our past; today it has lost its value, it may no longer be trusted when someone gives his word anymore! Yes the world has changed and our young people want to seek the truth but are unable to find it. We have told so many lies that we don’t know what to believe, is there a Santa? No, the Easter another lie, and the list goes on and all that these things are! Is a way to steal good people’s finances and leave them broke and children disappointed!

            Where there was truth and respect there is none, where we could listen to the words of another man and see his true intention, we are reverted to not believe a word that another man says; we now have come to accepting the words “seeing is believing”!        I frequently ask myself; “what would it take for us to have some integrity in our words again”?  And I am left stumped beyond belief; I have no Idea how to turn back the hands of time! I sit just like most of us who have seen the times when my credit was based on the words I gave, it is far from those days and you would have to give the souls of your children as collateral. This child has to be a virgin no doubt.

            So now that we have spoken about the dreaded direction in which this world is going we have a choice, to open good wholesome friendships and raise within and throughout valuable relationships that will last. Here is a poem that expresses something that will help to give some insight into people.


Deep Convictions

This always happens when I am by myself,
I think of all the people God has had me help.

My heart was always pounding, afraid to stand and fight,
Then I seemed to have settled, and then I knew that I would be alright.

The words I thought were already sitting on my lips,
But when I tried to loose them, the Holy Ghost caught grip.

I took off like if a mad man, for sin! I do not like,
The sinner!
I would not reject him I pray for him at night.

My heart is filled with Jesus I am convicted still,
I pray all day for opportunities, Just to do God’s will.

I see other saints around me; their life may not be as keen,
Paul says “don’t use my lips too loosely, but pray that they; will knowledge gain!

It is an individual’s deep commitment that will help men sustain from sin,
But it is their deep conviction that makes the change within.


Written by Guy T. Woods Sr February 10th 2oo3 Cc

No comments:

Post a Comment