Tuesday, November 23, 2010

looking back knowing you could have done just a little bit

Vexed my soul

It hurts to watch my soul walk in to dismal misery,
To part from God and know that all my goals destroyed.
To make dismissed.
To cut with jagged knife the cord that breathes true life,
Oh father! I have vexed my soul.

I vexed my soul when I displease your will.
I have vexed my soul when in the presence of men I have brought you shame.
I have vexed my soul when hardened my heart and stand there unwilling.
I have vexed my soul when in my life, your name it is not proclaimed.

Oh Father!
Can you see my hurt and to what degree?
My soul sings songs, a melody unheard, but inherited by me.
My earthly father had done wrong and never discussed,
The generational curse he passed on to us.

My fight is one! The need to cut this umbilical cord.
In this life, the burden I bear seems too much.
And so my Father who art in heaven I call on you,
To wipe my tears and fix this broken heart.

And now my spinning, spiraling, downward has stopped.
I lay there waiting! For you to pick me up,
And when you do like you have always done.
My soul!  Rejoices like was made to.


By GtW o8-29-o6

 

No comments:

Post a Comment