Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A HERO'S PITTITION

So you think that I am a Hero?

I am no HERO because I focus on following the orders given to me by my command; I reach my main objective and complete the task at hand.
Dear Sir;
Please!  . . . . . Do not call me a HERO just because I would give my life for the men under my command and during combat and to this day;
I did nothing special just what each man should have already known he himself would do! He is an American fighting machine,
A machine when told to be one who looks death square in the eye to complete his task.
And a good solider when that passion is needed, a humanitarian, a person who cares for the lives of others; and He knows the difference and the right thing he should do,
And remember my friend he gets scared too.

Sir I have been trained!
 (Programmed if you will) to be both man and machine before you and separate you from the treat to your freedom;
To react without thought but by simple impulse but it the blood in my heart that makes me a different animal.

I am not to be admired and my courage comes from the fair of being killed first,
My sense of nobility comes from my foundation in that what I believe!
It is God who sets my boundaries and I obey!
I need no medals, need no honorary parades or galas, no great remarks to fulfill my duty.

And yet I carry this humble heart to protect the ones I love and those who live in this country,
I really don’t care if their forefathers were not born here; to me and the way I see it we are all on borrowed land; and even living on borrowed time.
Please remember this I have no agenda!

I don’t know what you would do if you stood where I am but I guess it would be the same thing, so please don’t call me a hero.

I have asked the same questions that you have possibly done!
 What I would do in the place where he is?
Do I think I would live long enough to get back home?
And what was the single thing that kept me going to bring me back home today?
And I can only say I firmly believed in God and he gave me the courage and strength,
And I know he will protect me when faced with danger.

To all my comrades I say hold on to 1 Timothy and be that which God had preordained you to be in the face of danger.

But truly I am no HERO just an ordinary Guy.


By Guy T sr

No comments:

Post a Comment