Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Takinf Baby Steps in the New year


Baby steps to a desired existence.


            It can be real puzzling to look forward and try to tell what would be acceptable in each society tomorrow, but we can see what it was like and then we can graph our progress if any?                I do think that the question if asked would be answered differently by the same people but at different times every time it is asked. One can wonder and maybe if we stay on the task of wondering what is the difference in the mind set and the hearts of people today and yesterday when you look at a child who is of mixed cultures or races.  Do we still look at them as wrong or keep that eerie look in your eye but say the politically correct thing? Or are they really the wave of the future and widely accepted and now ingrained into our social net work?    Things to ponder I think but I can only say that we have so much to learn and over come as a human race, yes there are still the hidden relics of racism and inequality.    I am a man may I say more? Should I have to say more and does it really matter that I am mixed and have as much a deep white heritage as I do black, I am a fairly intelligent man, I know some Spanish, French, and some words in other languages as well, I listen to the classical music, as well as Jazz, Gospel, Country Western, Rockabilly Blues, and some regular Blues, I know of Rap and the history of it.    There are things I am educated in such as combustion automotive mechanic, electrical and electronic repair; I had training in health and nutrition and Personal Training, I am for the most part a Rogue Scholar but have acquired certificates and course completions from a collage or two.      I would like to take the time to plead with you to open the way for the human race, to put it as we would say politically correct; for people of all races and mixtures.   But once again it will mean that we keep on taking those baby steps, which we have so long so forgotten to continue taking after all these years.    It is going to hurt like before but it will be good for all of us I know I am still taking baby steps in my own life to accept others who are not like me.     

Here is one of my gifts a Poem I had Published just lately.

THE OPEN BOOK
By Guy T Woods Sr
A New Years Resolution

Today like any other day I opened my books of life and started to read,
I read each and every word,
And then I read it all aloud, then quietly I just read to myself;
I heard the words of great men sing,
Their echoes, they are teaching me life's amazing things,
And when I used them on myself I found it bitter in my heart,
But good to see it made such a change me!
So now I see the lesson learned,
To change the man it may seem at first like a living hell,
The bitterness of the truth about the real you!
The hard cold fact of just what you have to do;
But there will be growth I am sure of that!
In time it will somehow show then you will be well,
And there is proof take a good look at me,
I am not the man I use to be, I have since then grown,
Now what do you see?
I think I have turned into a prince.
I promise you my friends, this year I will do better than that,
I will become real love; God will make sure of that!
So in this year please follow through,
Complete all the things you set out to do,
The first step is hard, and there will be bumps,
Suck it up these things are good for you.

January 2, 2012 The second day in a New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment