Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bits and pieces ( moments)

        There are times when we get that rear opportunity to seize a moment, that consist of the total of all moments spent between you and another; or you and a group of people (we can sometimes say that I just saw my life flash before me)  but there are times when you are there to see the passing of a person ( dieing friend, family member, or even someone you don't even know )  when they reach a pinnacle of complete joy and they smile at you showing that peace that passes all understanding, you find yourself walking away filled with satisfaction knowing inside that one day you could experience that joy too;  but the requirements are to follow in their footsteps.   I set this poem at that cross road and hope you can leap off from it and find some of the joy I did.

Moments

Yes! there are moments that come and make me look forward to the next,
They come so quickly and then they pass so fast.
I sometimes wish I could show you some of my beautiful moments I have had;
And the ones that would make just laugh and laugh and laugh.

In my life I had moments of holding hands, moments of planting tiny trees,
And placing sticks in the ground to hold the rose trees so they could stand.
I have had moment where disasters struck and I helped to see the injured through;
And I have had moments of just loving between me and you.

There were moments when the news came through and we were at war; and I had wished to go and do my fight;
Not to murder but defend, to bring peace , to bring right not just take another’s life.
And of course the moments when you hold your breathe, as we all did wondering if our son, husband, or daughter, or even friend had died in the end.

But most of all I wish you could see the moments when I have told you from the very bottom of my soul, I love you in spirit and in truth and your eyes told the truth of disbelief.
Those are the I think Moments I think about,

I do and so dearly remember that one moment when I held you in my arms;
Your smile was just so Charmin, it gave life to me and all who was there as you died.
That was the very moment you held me tight and whispered in my ear,
After you left us I became strong, brave, and I went on and never shed a tear.
It was at that moment I had no doubt the moments we spent together the Good and the bad was moments of pour love.


By  GtW  o1-19-1o

No comments:

Post a Comment