Thursday, January 13, 2011

The planting of a seed

        It was Bella’s turn to tell her story and just like that she started to cry.        She said you would not believe you if I told you but this story is absolutely true and I am afraid that if I tell you, well you may all think my crazy.
          I was a young girl at the time, working in a vineyard that belonged to my father, life was the sweetest that I could every remember;       my father was a very large man and his hands was just as soft and pure woven silt, I loved father and when he would call me he would say ( in a very heavy voice Bella, Bella Dana, then He said once more Bella Dana Del-rosa Galgatha; my sweet Bella!
          And I would run to him and he would just hold me as if there were no tomorrow, his hands of silk would hold my cheeks and he would kiss me on my forehead,  I was loved and knew it.    I had decided then that I would keep my heart for the man with hands like my father and a huge heart that could wrap around me and keep me safe and I would have no fear that I would be left of abandoned to fight on my own..            So I grew to be the beautiful Bella that my father loved so well and he cared for my mother and me with all of his heart; He worked the field so hard and made us rich not needing for anything.           Then one day my father was just out with the other who he had hired and he was no more;  they brought him from the fiend and they were all crying we all loved my father he was so good to all the people he met and that knew him.    I could tell you of stories when he saved others and was about to give his very own life so they could live, and the time he was in the mountain searching for weeks over this lam that we had who had a limp and did not walk well,  he was out there in the cold and he cried when she died giving birth.       But he looked up to God and said Father I thank you for this blessing and I trust you and whatever was done I guess you had to allow  my crooked sweetheart to die and give us her new born, Thank you lord then we prayed.   
          I somehow knew that father was going to go and leave us because he always told me and mom that your tears are not for when I am gone they are for the strength in knowing that God ‘s love and mercy will always keep you strong.      God is good all the time be watchful and pay mind.
          I lived some and Mother she got weak and fell while gathering wood in the storm one night and caught the death of a cold and pneumonia took her from me and just like father said my tears made me strong knowing God’s mercy and love.        I left that old country side and went to the city,  took some classes in growing grapes and making wine, back to my roots when in class father sat right there with me and it was great.   I met a young man that just had a passion I had never seen before and the funny thing his hands were like silk!    We would talk for hours and I would listen to him as I would to father then he would smile and look up to the sky as he said thank you father in a soft voice.       Well he had to go to his home on an emergency, from the way he said goodbye I had the feeling that I would never see him again, two and a half years to the day I went back to my home and visited family and friends as the festive occasions started I felt a joy knowing that father was here and I sat just out of reach but near enough to see.       Then a young man came and sat next to me with his head down and asked if she was well while she was away and well taken care of and I said yes it was as if my father was there too and I met someone who made life worth it all.      Then I look up and saw it was Philippe the young man who I spent all that time with and I smiled.     I have a confession to you,  I was told to be there for you at all times and I was taught very well by your Father he loved me as a son,  then One day he made me promise to be like an angel to you and he paid for everything for me before he died, so you see that is why we got along so well,  but one thing more he did not tell me that he also planted the seed of love in my heart for you and he made me the man he was and that is what I had come to learn you were in love with your father maybe not me and I had to come back to tend to the vineyard as I had promised , I am so sorry my dear lady.
          I then told him I was in love with the man he was not my father the seed grew and there stood before me was what I had been looking for,  even in death my father was looking out for his Bella  Dana Del-rosa Galgatha the daughter he loved so much.    And I know it was the mercies of God that His prayers were answered.


A piece not yet completed but shows how love can transcend time and space to reach the fourth and fifth generations of a man’s heart and love for God that will cover his family .

By GtW  o1-13-11  

No comments:

Post a Comment