Monday, January 17, 2011

The last Kiss

The last Kiss

Our eyes met my dearest wife and me; . . . .  She held the tears back but we knew the tragedy;
It was hard to deal with, especially when for year you have tried to have all that is a family.
I kneel each day and I cried to God . . . .  Why me? Why we?
You promised!  . . . . To make me whole, an heir would give me immortality;
In shame I cry.

Then with her warm and tenderness I felt her arms wrap around me;
This woman whom the lord is my Armor Bearer; she keeps me in perfect stride.
We had three times lost little beauties; I thought she was tested enough, 
They died and have slipped right by us and so we cried.

I see no devil; I heard of no conspiracy,  I know of no generational curse, I speak of not of darkness, but the light that shines within us!

How much more can this man take with his woman by his side?
There are days I have thought not to awake,
But when the sun comes up the night’s weeping somehow goes away.
Each day you fill me with comfort, exactly what I need to greet the day;
And like always we kneel before you; my wife and me, each day we pray;

My love for children grows stronger every day . . . . . I think; and even though my lips may not move,   my heart takes time out to repent and pray.

So if I may just have one more chance as Abraham did . . . just a child to care for would keep me strong,  
Father God, please! my wife and I to raise a kid.
With all my heart and soul I live my life just do your will ….
Then at night I will give her one last kiss.
And a kiss to bring tomorrow total bliss.

This is just the last kiss of a father’s pain.


By GtW  o1/18/1o cc

No comments:

Post a Comment